Monday, January 29, 2007

"I Just Can't Take It Anymore"

So as most of you know by now I am moving to Sacramento on the 7th of February. I am really excited. The reason I am going is to help George with real estate investing until I go to Modesto for the summer. It is an amazing opportunity. I am really glad that it gave me a way out from working at Jiffy Lube. So I hope it all works out. Gideon will be flying into Salt Lake and will be driving back with me. I am looking forward to seeing everyone.

Well I quit my job today. It was the most relieving thing I have done in a while. I was going to hang on until Wednesday so I could have some extra cash. So I woke up this morning just as sick as I have been all week and though "today really is not a good day to go to work." I went anyway and gave it a shot. I told my boss Colton that I needed to talk to him. So as we kept working I could tell it was bugging him why I needed to talk to him. So he said casually "So why do you need to talk? Are you quitting?" I said "Yes I am actually." His eyes grew wide with shock. So we talk about what my plans were and he asked if I could stay until Wednesday. I said I would. Well about half an hour went by. I'm still not feeling any better and work is really slow and all I am doing is vacuuming cars and washing windows. So I thought to myself it is going to be a really long day and an even longer week. I went in to the lobby to Colton and said "I just can't take it anymore." So I decided to quit. I went to one of the other managers that were there and he was really shocked and surprised. He was really upset. I'm not going to lie it felt good to be such an asset that they didn't want me to leave. I didn't care though I just wanted to get the heck out of there. I am really excited to get to California. I just want to leave now. I still have to tell Chris from Pinnacle Security about whats going on but it shouldn't be a problem.

3 comments:

andrea said...

That's great that you will be closer to the fam! Have a fun drive with Gideon.

Anonymous said...

Nathan, I am excited for you to come out here. There is so much to learn and so much to do and I can't wait to get started! You are so right about hanging around successful people. The people you hang around with rub off on you. Their attitudes and their success, positive or negative will have the same affect on you.

Amy said...

I like your new backgroud on your blog. I also like your picture. Not much longer until you are here :)