Monday, January 15, 2007

"Just Go For It"

Well its been an interesting start to the new year. I got fired from my job and have been unemployed for the whole year. I got a job at 24hr fitness selling memberships. I haven't started yet though. It has been extremely boring not working. My roommate Brandon got fired as well so it hasn't been as bad cause we can hang out all day.

I have still been snowboarding and have been making a lot of progress. I figured out that I can go down the hill as fast as possible by staying loose and keeping more weight on my front foot to maximize control. Almost every time I go the ski patrol threaten to cut my pass if I don't slow down. I have a new mod-ow snowboarding that has made me explode with new tricks and accomplishments "Just go for it". I have been saying that every time I get intimidated by a big jump, rail, box, or section of the mountain. I have also found out that on boxes and rail slides I have more control the faster I go. I also have found that I crash a lot less and it hurts a lot less the more loose I am.

I put my new mod-ow to the test and decided to try the half pipe something I have always been intimidated by. So I go for it and as I pick up speed the higher and higher I get up the half pipe, and the more scared I get. I get to the top and I get scared and I don't commit to turning and boarding back down. Instead I try to stand up on about 7 or 8 ft of vert. Vert for those of you who don't know is the straight vertical area of the half pipe. So by not turning and trying to stand straight up it causes me to catch an edge and fall straight back on the 7 ft of vert. I slam flat on my butt and back on mostly ice. My pants act as a shovel scooping a bunch of snow down my pant. Its okay it wasn't cold because my butt was already numb from the impact. So I didn't even realize I had so much snow down my pants until I got to the lift and went to pull my pants up. That's when I realized that I had a bunch of snow down my pants and that I couldn't feel the top of my butt anymore. But none the less I had an awesome time as I always do. I find that night riding is the best for me. I don't know why but I do my best boarding at night.

1 comment:

Reuel and Ana said...

Dear Nathan
Nice blog. I did not know you could snowboard that well. I am sorry about your job. I hope you will do well at the Gym. You should be able to. You do need to slow down a little on the making out though. Do you know this girl you are going to marry? I love you and am proud you are my son.
love
dad