Sunday, January 21, 2007

Do What You Gotta Do

Well I decided to go ahead and get an hourly job to work until I leave for San Diego. I had applied at Jiffy Lube when I was first looking for a job and I got an interview. They wanted me to come back for a second interview and I declined because I thought I was going to be working at 24 hr fitness. Well I called Jiffy Lube back last week to see if they still needed someone hardworking and experienced to work there. He said to come in the next morning witch was Friday. So I went down there to talk to them (I took my birth certificate cause I knew I would get the job and they would need a copy. I was gone for about ten minutes. I come home and my roommate looks at me with a confused look "What happened?" he says "Why are you back so early?" I said "Those jerks!! They gave me the job" I was there for like two minutes. I wonder why I even had to go but I know they wanted to see if I would come probably. So I start working on Monday. I'm not going to lie I am kind of excited to work there. I enjoy working on cars and staying active. So I think it will be good for me and help me loose weight.

I am proud to announce that I still have not had soda for over a month now. Nor do I crave it at all. I have eaten out two or three times since I stopped drinking soda and I almost got soda just out of habit when the waitress says "Would you like something to drink?" and I would always reply with "Diet Coke." Well not anymore. And last night when I went on a date I just had water and it was no different that if I had got a soda. It used to be when I drank water with a meal it would be tasteless and it would knock out the good taste. Well I think since I don't drink soda anymore than my taste buds aren't expecting that sweet taste so it doesn't bother the taste of the meal. And lets face it water is just much better for you.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good Job on the job at Jiffy Lube. You will be happy getting some regular hours and it is good to be busy. An idle mind is a lazy mind. Also good job on no soda!! I agree that water is the best. I drink about a gallon of water a day. It also helps with weigh loss :)

Love ya!

Amy said...

Ooops! I spelled weight lost wrong. I didn't mean to put "weigh loss" LOL