Sunday, January 28, 2007

I Always Move Up Fast

Well this has been quiet a week. I have been working at Jiffy Lube and every day that goes by it gets harder and harder to make it to the end of the day. I do have a great manager that is very fun to work with. He is the only thing that helps me make it through the day. I wish he could have been my manager in a different circumstance. I have just come to the realization of why I dislike my job so much. All the people that work there are losers. Alcoholics, drug users, negative people, just losers that have no ambition or work ethics. I do not want to associate with those types of people. I am a successful person. I only want to surround myself with successful people. And the people that I work with are not successful. I hate to talk down about my co-workers like this, but there just not the type of people I want to associate myself with. Before when I worked there it wasn't a big deal. I didn't have the standards or the knowledge that I have now. It is important to surround yourself with people who are successful. I can't learn anything from these people and if I can I don't want to stick around long enough too learn from them. The cons outweigh the pros at this point. I know I can be all that I want to be and more, but I cant do it working at Jiffy Lube. It's like two months of my life I could be growing that I would miss out on. I know it is important to not be a quitter and to hang on so I am not quiting without a better plan.

I just had a meeting last night with my manager at Pinnacle Security. It went awesome. After the meeting he pulled me aside and talked to me. He wanted me to be sort of the assistant manager to make sure everyone is going to the trainings and is doing what they need to do to prepare for the summer. He told me that he and the other manager Patrick saw that I was very ambitious and serious about this. They feel that I am going to be one of the most successful in the group. I am so thankful that I have such a strong work ethic and that others can see it as well. The great thing about it is that I wasn't even working towards having this new responsibility. I just wanted to work hard for myself because I knew it would benefit me. And look how it has benefited me, in ways I never thought of. I am so glad for the opportunities that I have had in my life. I know that I am just gong to rock house this summer selling security systems and I can not wait to get out there to do it. Also we are not going to San Diego any more we are going to be going to Modesto. I am pretty excited for that because now I will be closer to George, Amy, Amy, Gideon, and of course the girls. I am kind of bummed that we aren't going to San Diego but I am going out there to work and make money not to have fun. So I know where ever I go I will have lots of fun so the location is not that important to me. The thing that is important is that I will be close to my family, and that will be the biggest money maker of all.

2 comments:

andrea said...

That's cool that you are going to Modesto. And it's cool that your managers think so highly of you.

Amy said...

I am glad you are going to Modesto because you will be so much closer to us. Glad that your managers can see your talent. You are awesome Nathan.